Newly elected and re-elected La Salle County Board members take their oath of office during Monday’s board meeting. Chief Judge H. Chris Ryan Jr. administered the oaths.
Re-elected and newly elected La Salle County Board members took their oath of office Monday.
The new board members are: Kindra Pottinger, R-Sheridan; Joseph Witczak, D-Peru; Arratta Znaniecki, R-Ottawa; and Jerry Hicks, D-Marseilles, who doubles as board chairman. The members were sworn by Chief Judge H. Chris Ryan Jr.
Board members were also appointed or reappointed to the following posts:
• Jill Bernard, D-Peru, board vice chairman.
• Randy Freeman, R-Lostant, representative to the Business Employment Skills Team.
• Jill Bernal, D-Peru, representative to Court Appointed Special Advocate Board.
• Lou Anne Carretto, D-Ottawa, representative to La Salle County Health Department.
• Michael Kasap, D-La Salle, representative to La Salle County Mental Board.
• Randy Freeman, R-Lostant and David Torres, D-Oglesby, representatives to Tri-County Opportunity Council.
• Steve Tuftie, R-Ottawa and Kindra Pottinger, R-Sheridan, representatives to University of Illinois Extension Service Multi-County Unit Council Board.
• Gary Small, R-Utica, Tom Walsh, D-Ottawa, Steve Tuftie, R-Ottawa, Joseph Savitch, D-La Salle and Jerry Myers, R-Streator, trustees with the La Salle County Insurance Trust; former board members Sandi Billard and Marius Derango were named to the trust as public members.
In other action, the board agreed to apply for federal money to help pay to update the La Salle County Natural Hazards Mitigation Plan. Total cost is estimated at $22,000, with the county to pay $5,500 and the federal government the rest.